Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is known for being the home of Dolly Parton, a mecca for mini golf loving-race car driving- carnival rider seeking tourists, and as the gateway to The Great Smoky Mountains, the most popular of the 58 National Parks in America.
After hiking and exploring the mountains, we treated ourselves to an overnight at a magical place where it’s Christmas every day: The Inn at Christmas Place. It’s located right on the "Parkway" (Route 441, also known as the main strip of all things Pigeon Forge), but once you step inside, you’ll swear you’re on the North Pole. Children of ALL ages will love the magic of the Inn at Christmas Place.
While you’re visiting, be sure to check out some of our favorite things:
1. Look carefully at the massive fireplaces on the second (main) and first floors; The beautifully decorated mantels and trees have new themes every year.
2. Walk the halls and see the displays on each floor: from candy canes to music to Americana, there are over a dozen festive displays.
3. Make time to visit with Santa. He visits just about every day, whether it's for a sing along concert, story time, or just a chance to pass along your wish list.
4. If you do miss Santa, you can write him a letter at the desk on the first floor and mail it in the post office mailbox.
5. Eat a delicious breakfast each morning (it’s included in your stay) on the first floor. Options range from a custom omelette and waffle stations to a massive fruit buffet (my kids were thrilled to see mangos, berries, and pears) to every sweet bread, donut and jam imaginable.
6. Stop by the second floor reception area for cookies each night at 8pm (coffee is offered throughout the day, and lemonade is served all afternoon and evening).
7. Complete the scavenger hunt (there are nine items in total) to receive a memento of your visit. And for annual visitors, take note: they change the scavenger frequently.
8. Read a book from a Christmas themed collection on the first floor.
9. Scope out the decor in your room (there are 145 rooms and suites in total at the Inn)- from a miniature tree atop the armoire to pillows with Christmas greetings, even the bathroom soap dish celebrates the season.
10. Check out the pools; even the indoor pool and hot tub is decked out in holiday decor. The outdoor pool has a waterslide my children LOVED!
Bonus: When you check in, make sure you receive your complimentary ornament (for first time visitors) to add to YOUR Christmas tree. And let the staff know if you're celebrating something special, like a birthday, for special treats when you check out.